Tairāwhiti 2050 is Gisborne District Council’s vision for the region for the next 30 years. Shaping the future of our region, we call this our spatial plan, a document that:
• states our region’s major challenges and how we’ll tackle them.
• outlines our shared aspirations for our region’s future wellbeing and what we expect to achieve by 2050.
• aligns the strategies and plans of Council, government agencies and other organisations to enable collaboration.
• sets direction for regional planning and development, decision-making and investments.
• maps out where critical infrastructure, transport connections and development will occur and where there are constraints.
Background information to the formation of the final document