Web Banner Tairawhiti

Special licences for Christmas events

7 Nov 2019

Special licences for Christmas events

My Post 25

If you’re needing a special licence to sell alcohol at Christmas function, you’ll need to get the application form in to Council by 22 November.

A special licence is required if you host an event where alcohol is being sold, or if you sell tickets to a function where alcohol is supplied. This includes sporting events, quiz nights, wine tastings, bus trips where alcohol is being sold and public parties.

The license allows the holder to sell and supply alcohol on the premises to any person, as approved by the licence, for the duration of the event.

You can download the application form here