Road Closure - Charter Parade
Gladstone Road, Peel & Lowe Streets and Reads Quay
|Road Closure Events|
|Description:||Friday 27 November between 10am and 12.30 pm|
|Closing Date:||30 October 2020 at 4:00pm|
|Contact Phone:||06 8672049|
It is proposed to temporarily close the following roads for a Charter Parade for the crew of the Navy vessel HMNZS Manawanui on Friday 27 November 2020 from 10am to approximately 12.30pm. The roads will reopen once the parade has passed through.
- Peel Street from Palmerston Rd to Gladstone Rd
- Gladstone Road from Peel St to Lowe St
- Lowe Street from Gladstone Rd to Reads Quay
- Reads Quay from Peel St to Lowe Street
- Fitzherbert Street and the Bridge will be affected briefly with the parade starting and finishing at Gisborne District Council's Awarua building.
It will be an offence under the regulations below for anyone, other than those covered by the permit for the above event, to use the roads while they are closed.
Any person objecting to this proposal can make their objection in writing stating the reasons why. This must be received before 4pm on 30 October 2020
This notice is issued under the Local Government Act 1974 Section 342 and the Transport (Vehicular Traffic Road Closure) Regulations 1965.