Resource Consent

Resource consent forms and fees

Show Sidebar

Resource consent forms and fees

Gisborne District Council's resource consent forms, pamphlets and fees.

For information about applying for resource consent - see resource consents page

For resource consent and notifications for forestry activities under the National Environmental Standard for Plantation Forestry - see forestry consents

Application deposit and fees

The fees for resource consent are based on the application size, scope and purpose and staff time involved in processing the application.

A deposit is required when you lodge your application for land use or subdivision consent. Once your application is accepted, staff time involved in processing your application is charged.
You'll be invoiced when you receive your Notice of Decision. Depending on the final cost, the balance will either be invoiced or refunded to you.

  Type Deposit Type Deposit
Land Use, Subdivision, Regional Non Notified $1,300 Notified $3,000
Variation (Section 127)   $515    
Bundled - more than one activity type bundled together   $1,550    

For land subdivision, construction of a new dwelling or building, levies are payable in addition to the application fee.

Information on development contributions 

Schedule of Resource Consent Fees & Charges [PDF, 468 KB]

Resource consent forms and pamphlets  

Please talk your proposal through with our duty planner staff before you fill in the forms. 
If you're unsure which form to use, or you need help to fill in the form, contact us.

For Forestry NES-PF forms and checklists

Most of these forms are writable PDFs. Please save the form to your computer first before you fill it in and email or print it.

Form - Writable Resource Consent Application [PDF, 450 KB] requires AEE and other information
Form - PDF Resource Consent Application [PDF, 209 KB] Requires AEE
Checklist - Writable District Land Use [PDF, 313 KB] Provide with resource consent
Checklist - PDF District Land Use [PDF, 194 KB] Provide with resource consent
Checklist - Writable Subdivision [PDF, 280 KB]  Provide with resource consent
Checklist - PDF Subdivision [PDF, 189 KB] Provide with resource consent
Form  Affected Person's Consent [PDF, 151 KB] neighbour's consent
Form Search of Council Records - Writable [PDF, 114 KB] 
Search of Council Records [PDF, 102 KB] 
site is/has been contaminated under *NES
Form Outline Plan of Works - Writable [PDF, 1.6 MB] 
Outline Plan of Works [PDF, 117 KB] 
Writable PDF

Form Certificate of Compliance - Writable [PDF, 2 MB] 
Certificate of Compliance [PDF, 119 KB] 
Writable PDF

Form 9A Permitted Boundary Activity - Writable [PDF, 1.6 MB] 
Permitted Boundary Activity [PDF, 115 KB] 
Writable PDF

Form 9B Permitted Boundary Activity - Writable [PDF, 1.7 MB]
Permitted Boundary Activity [PDF, 102 KB]
Writable PDF

Form 10 Change/Cancel Conditions - Writable [PDF, 2 MB]
Change/Cancel Conditions [PDF, 120 KB]
Writable PDF

Form  Bore Permit [PDF, 183 KB] notify location
Form  Coastal Permit [PDF, 166 KB] activities in the coastal marine area
Form  Coastal - Removal of Sand [PDF, 159 KB] extract more than 2 cubic metres of sand
Form  Discharge - Air [PDF, 302 KB] discharge contaminants to air
Form  Discharge - Land [PDF, 171 KB] see Freshwater Plan Sec 5
Form  Discharge - Water [PDF, 181 KB] see Freshwater Plan Sch 19
Form Transfer Discharge Permit [PDF, 145 KB] to new property owner
Form  Sand Extraction [PDF, 141 KB] monthly returns
Form  Shingle Permit [PDF, 188 KB] more than 30m2 Freshwater Plan S6.4
Form  Water Meter Verification [PDF, 190 KB] measurement and reporting of water takes
Form  Water Permit - Dam [PDF, 209 KB] dam waterways
Form  Water Permit - Diversion [PDF, 167 KB] divert water from rivers and streams
Form  Water Ground/Surface Take [PDF, 280 KB] see Freshwater Plan S4 & Sch19 
Form  Water - Transfer [PDF, 118 KB] transfer to new property owner
Form  Waterway Approval [PDF, 169 KB] see Freshwater Plan S6 & 19
Form  Wait List - Take/ Use Water [PDF, 220 KB] to take, use or divert water
Link  Make a Submission form and information
Pamphlet  Do you need a resource consent? [PDF, 272 KB]  
Pamphlet Guide to Resource Consent the process
Booklet Assessment of Environmental Effects [PDF, 521 KB]  
Pamphlet  Guide to Rural Subdivision information, rules and process
Pamphlet  Guide to Residential Subdivision information, rules and process
Pamphlet  Guide to Residential Development rules and requirements

 *Under the National Environmental Standard for Assessing and Managing Contaminants in Soil to Protect Human Health (NES).  More information about NES