Web Banner Waikanae

Park fees and booking information

Show Sidebar

Park fees and booking information

Wedding on a beach or reserve 

If you're planning to get married on the beach, at or any other Council owned park or reserve, you need to let us know.  

Botanical Gardens - If you wish to book the Botanical Gardens, we need to know which area of the gardens you would like to use, here's the Botanical Gardens Map [PDF, 1.3 MB] 

A $100 booking fee applies for weddings. You pay this once your booking has been confirmed by our reserves staff. The fee is non-refundable if it rains.

Book a park or reserve online: Park Booking Request Form

Book a sports ground

To hold an event or match on a Council sports ground, a fee is charged based on the grounds maintenance cost. The fee is on application

For example ... if a team or club books a complete ground for the winter season only, and that ground cost $80,000 the previous financial year to maintain - they'll pay $2,000 for the winter season use.  If only one field is booked - the fee would be $1,000 for the winter season use.

Book a reserve for a commercial event

Any commercial event or activity is charged a fee based on the type of event. 
The fee is on application.
You need to fill in the Hold an Event Form.

Alcohol in a public place

There are some rules around consumption of alcohol in public places.  Generally a toast at a wedding is fine, anything more, you need to talk to our environmental health team.

If you intend to supply or sell alcohol at an event on a public park or reserve, you need to fill in the Hold an Event form or talk to our environmental health team first to clarify what you're allowed to do.

Refer to Public Places and Liquor Control bylaws.

Book a park, reserve or sports ground   

To book a council reserve, park or sports ground, fill in the Online Request Form

If you're organising an event on a Council reserve, refer to our event organising page.

Related links

Organising an event - application forms and information

Bylaws - Public Places  | Alcohol Control | Reserves

Fees and Charges

Alcohol license information

Selling Food