Dog exercise areas
You can exercise your dog in the following areas around Gisborne city and Wainui. You're required to keep your dog under control at all times in any dog exercise area and public place.
Don't forget to pick up your dog's droppings.
Dog friendly exercise areas with no leash required
You can exercise your dog without a leash as long as you keep them under continuous supervision and control.
- Midway Beach and foreshore from Pacific Street to Waipaoa River
- Ayton Park - corner of Balfour Road and Aberdeen Road
- Coldstream Road Reserve
- Heath Johnson Park - the strip on Paraone Road side of park
- Nelson Park - area adjacent to the footbridge
- Wainui Beach - except during school and public holidays
Exercise areas on a leash
You can exercise your dog off the leash between 6am - 9am or on a leash any other time.
- All city and Wainui beaches except during public and school holidays. Dogs are prohibited between any 'swim between the flags' areas.
|Alfred Cox Park||Awapuni Stadium - exercise areas|
|Atkinson Street Park||Ballance Street - road end reserve|
|Blackpool Street Reserve - on the Childers Road side||Centennial Crescent Reserve|
|Fox Street - road end reserve||Fitzherbert Street - road end reserve|
|Grant Road Reserve||Hall Street - road end reserve|
|London Street Reserve||Titirangi Reserve - Kaiti Hill|
|Nelson Park - other than the area adjacent to the footbridge||Reynolds Creek Reserve - Childers Road through to Blackpool Street Reserve|
|Sheehan Street - road end reserve||Stafford Street - road end reserve|
|Waikirikiri Reserve||Waikanae and Midway beaches to Pacific St includes walkways|