Board member appointment
Gisborne Holiding Limited - GHL
|Description:||Seeking a new board member.|
|Closing Date:||22 October 2018 at 4:00pm|
Council is seeking a new board member for its council controlled trading company (CCTO) Gisborne Holdings Limited.
The role of GHL is to operate profitably and provide a non-rates income stream to Council – so that we can deliver better outcomes for the communities of Tairawhiti–Gisborne.
To help achieve this we are looking to appoint a person who is capable of representing the interests of the community as a whole. This includes - but is not limited to - having these skills:
• commercial acumen
• sound judgement and decision-making
• public service ethos and awareness of a public media profile
• an understanding and commitment to Council’s obligation to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
• a high standard of personal integrity
• clear communication and an ability to debate in a reasoned manner
• effective teamwork and collaboration
• the ability to think strategically
• risk assessment and contingency management
• commitment to the principles of good corporate citizenship
• understanding of the wider interests of Council as a publicly accountable shareholder
• experience in governance, preferably corporate governance.
We recognise that increasing diversity and fostering inclusive board culture in our CCTO is an essential element to it being a high performing board that can drive long-term success. We encourage anyone with an interest to apply. The term of appointment is for three years.
To express your interest in being a board member of GHL, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com before Monday 22 October 2018 at 4pm. Interviews will be held at Council offices on 1 November 2018.