Appointment of trustees to Trust Tairawhiti
Term of up to 3 years
|Closing Date:||25 May 2020 at 4:00pm|
Gisborne District Council has the role of selecting and appointing trustees to Trust Tairāwhiti and we’re looking for new and dynamic Trustees to join the Trust Tairāwhiti whānau for a term of up to 3 years.
Trust Tairāwhiti – He aha ta tatou e pa ana. Trust Tairāwhiti – what we’re about.
Trust Tairāwhiti’s vision is one of:- Te Mana - Shared Pride- Te Ihi - Shared Prosperity- Te Wehi - Shared Opportunity.
Trust Tairāwhiti is committed to realising a shared vision for the future of Te Tairāwhiti by supporting our greatest taonga – our people. Investing in our innovators, our leaders and community visionaries who see challenges and opportunities is at the core of the Trust’s business.
Tātau tātau o Te Tairāwhiti.
Trust Tairāwhiti is the regional development trust for Te Tairāwhiti. Trust Tairāwhiti and Eastland Group are the shareholders and have around $666.1 million in total assets. Through the development of these assets the Trust invests in the wellbeing of our people to ensure the success of businesses and the future of our region.
Trust Tairāwhiti was established to:
1. Provide for the people of Gisborne (the beneficiaries) by supporting business, community and other initiatives which are likely to encourage or sustain economic growth within the district, or may directly or indirectly benefit the people of Gisborne; and
2. Preserve the value of the capital of the Trust fund.
For 2020, two Trustees retired by rotation. One retiring Trustee has indicated their desire to re-apply. The second Trustee does not wish to seek reappointment.
Ideally you will have:
• a clear understanding of governance functions and principles;
• an independent mind and be able to actively participate in Board decision-making, including the ability to offer sound professional judgement;
• a commercial perspective with strong financial experience and business skills;
• strong networks, links and relationships to the communities, iwi and hapū of Te Tairāwhiti.
In making this appointment, we will also be looking to ensure the right balance of diversity to add to the collective decision making is represented around the trust table.
Applications should include a cover letter and full Curriculum Vitae. Please label your application “Trust Tairāwhiti Appointment” and send electronically to Heather Kohn, Gisborne District Council, Heather.Kohn@gdc.govt.nz
Applications close 4pm Monday 25 May 2020.
A fact sheet is available below.
Board Appointment and Remuneration Policy(external link)
|Attachment1:||Fact Sheet Trustee May 2020|